When you open the package that contains your new iPhone X, you will be lost for words because of the excitement. You will start using your phone and exploring the exciting features available as well as the optimized game. What you will notice is that this phone is not what you are used to. You may hit a few walls trying t figure it out, but with these tips, you will find your way around it soon enough.
1. Since there is no ‘home button’ you can get the virtual home button by going to the general, clicking on accessibility, and choosing AssistiveTouch. It will give you the virtual button.
2. See the percentage of the battery by swiping down from the top right of the phone’s screen so that it can reveal the control center. The percentage will appear when you swipe down and up.
3. To switch between apps, you have to swipe up starting from the bottom of the screen and hold on to the display for a few seconds. All the open apps will appear, and you can proceed as usual to select the app you want.
4. To close an up, bring the open apps to the display as instructed above. Hold on to the apps. Swipe up on the app you want to close, and that is it. Alternatively, you can click on the close button located on the left of the app card.
5. To speed the face ID process which can sometimes take longer, you first need to enable ‘raise to wake’ feature first. Go to settings and choose display & brightness for this. Swipe the phone up before it faces you so that it can be ready and have the animation going. Once you place it in front of you, it will be easier and faster.
6. Make it easy to reach the top of the extra-tall display of the phone by enabling reachability. It shifts downwards the entire screen. Go to settings, general, then accessibility.
7. To switch between open apps easily, either swipe left or right on the home indicator located on the screen’s bottom part. This is better than swiping up first to display the open apps.
8. Taking screenshots is still as easy as it was for you with other iPhones. All you have to do is click on the side button (also power button) and hold it down while you press the volume-up key.
9. Activating Apple’s assistant, Siri, you only have to say, “Hey, Siri.” Even so, if this is not your style, you can also press and hold on to the side button, and you will access her.
10. To turn off your phone, you will need to combine the side button (power) and either the volume up or down button (hold on to the side button). This is because the side button is used to access Siri. To force start the phone, you also have to press and hold the side button and combine with both the volume up and volume down buttons.
If you have not yet figured out your iPhone X, you do not have to worry anymore because these ten tips will make your experience much better. Have a blast!